Friday, June 22, 2007

The Gay Man is Conspiring Against the Hetero...

Isaiah Washingting Is Part of A Conspiracy


I mentioned previously that I'm picky about the things I will sit on my couch and take time out of my night to watch. I actually watch a LOT of TV shows, but I wait until they come out on DVD and watch them on my own time. Grey's Anatomy is one of the shows I actually watch on television. Besides the fact that this season sucked in comparison to the first and second season, and the finale definitely left something to be desired, the thing that irked me the most (about this season) was the scandal behind the scene's.

For some time the drama with Isaiah Washington and T.R. Knight completely overshadowed the success of the show. People started petitioning for the firing of Isaiah because of that pesky gay slur he uttered at some award show. I admit, when I watched the clip on YouTube my jaw dropped. I'm a huge supporter of the gay community, one of my best friends is gay, and I pretty much come unraveled if someone attacks them. So, I wasn't a fan of Isaiah Washington after seeing that clip, but I wasn't ready to have him kicked off the show. Dr. Burke was one of my favorite characters, he was a strong character, I thought he was getting enough crap for what he said and he had apologized so why fire a good actor for being a bad human being. A lot of actors leave something to be desired in reality.

It seemed like it was blowing over, then I just had the craptastic finale to deal with, and my opinion of the show was in limbo over THAT. But then the news came that they had fired Isaiah. And now this. In this article he says that T.R. Knight should be fired, because he was actively trying to pit Patrick (McDreamy) and Isaiah against each other to get them BOTH fired. Apparently T.R. is some kind of mastermind that has used the gay community to garner sympathy and get the two leading men on the show fired. According to Isaiah, Patrick agrees with him on everything, but they were instructed by the Disney Corporation to keep their mouths shut. The whole article reads like a bitter man trying to sell his secrets to the National Enquirer. Of course, I'm not behind the scene's and I don't know what really happen. Maybe T.R. Knight is on some campaign to be the most famous Grey's man or maybe not. Maybe Isaiah is an asshole and nobody wants to touch him now that he made a fool of himself insulting more than half of the men/women in Hollywood. I don't know.

The point is, I don't care. As soon as people stop writing articles about this man he opens his mouth to get put back in the spotlight. I don't care about the soap opera going on behind the soap opera, I just want to watch my television shows in peace. He's not only spouting off the most asinine story, but he's also putting words in other cast members mouths, as well as the people behind the scenes on the show. If it is true, he's just put some people in very awkward positions when he had no right to even be speaking on their behalves. If it ISN'T true, then he is just crazy. Straight up, homophobic-paranoia-Tom Cruise-Crazy.

But I'm ready for someone to just finally tell him to shut his mouth. The rest of the world does not care that you got fired. Badmouthing the show that made you more famous than you were before, is not such a smart move. Why do people keep doing this? We've got Mandy More talking crap on her first album, and yeah it was crap, but COME ON it made you famous. So shut your pretty little mouth and make the music you want, for once...

Holy tangent.

Let me get back to the issue at hand. This fool opens his mouth trying to garner some kind of sympathy from the general audience, meanwhile, he's losing it. I was sympathetic when I found out they let him go, I like Dr. Burke and thought it was their loss to lose him, so I felt bad and a little upset. But now that he won't shut up, now that he's dragging this out and doing all this shit talking, I've stopped being sympathetic. Now, I'm just at the point where I hope this all backfires and blows up in his face somehow.

At this rate, Shonda should give up on Grey's Anatomy and write a show about what goes on BEHIND the scene's of a popular doctor drama. Sounds much more thrilling the the season finale she's so damn proud of.

No comments: