Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Chart News for 6/19-6/26

Last week we had a number of new releases that made us wonder who was going to take the top spot away from Toby Keith. Bon Jovi, Chrisette Michele, The White Stripes, Lifehouse, Mandy Moore, and Brad Paisley to name only a few.

1. Bon Jovi "Lost Highway"(292,000 Units)
2. White Stripes "Icky Thump" (223,000 Units)
3. Brad Paisley "5th Gear" (197,000 Units)
4. Toby Keith "Big Dog Daddy" (73,000 Units)
5. Paul McCartney "Memory Almost Full" (64,000 Units)
6. Linkin Park "Minutes to Midnight" (63,000 Units)
7. Amy Winehouse "Back to Black" (62,000 Units)
8. Maroon 5 "It Won't Be Soon Before Long" (62,000 Units)
9. Fabolous "From Nothin' to Somethin'" (59,000 Units)
10. T-Pain's Konvict "Epiphany" (56,000 Units)

Other Releases:
11. Shop Boyz "Rockstar Menality" (52,000 Units)
14. Lifehouse "Who We Are" (49,000 Units)
26. Huey "Notebook Paper" (29,000 Units)
29. Chrisette Michele "I Am" (26,000 Units)
30. Mandy Moore "Wild Hope" (25,000 Units)

I'm a huge country music fan, but I couldn't be happier to see that fool slip from the top spot, and Bon Jovi (a country release from the usual rock band) taking it's place. I actually got Bon Jovi, Lifehouse, and Mandy Moore this week. I'm a big fan of the new Lifehouse record, I think it's the best since their debut album, No Name Face. I haven't had a chance to listen intently to the Bon Jovi album, but I love the tracks with Leann Rimes and Big and Rich. I've only listened to a couple from the Mandy Moore album, and it's definitely a departure from what I'm used to hearing from her. I think she has a long way to grow with her songwriting, but her voice sounds beautiful, not as overproduced as it's had a tendency to be in the past.

Now the question on everyone's mind is who will take the top spot next week. Early predictions are saying that both Hannah Montana (seriously?) and Kelly Clarkson are estimated to to be over 300,000 units. We shall see.

The Nobody

No comments: