Friday, June 22, 2007

The Foo Fighters Had a Secret

I attended a secret Foo Fighters show last night with a couple of friends. It was at this tiny bar in the valley, very small, very intimate. I had seen the Foo once before at the House of Blues in Anaheim years ago. I'm not a huge fan, but I like some of their music, and I respect them as artists. Not to mention Dave Grohl pretty much owns everyone.

Anyway, the show was totally packed. It was originally suppose to be an industry show that they opened up to a certain number of Foo fans at the last minutes. It was a very covert operation. You had to pick up your wrist band at a park about a mile from the venue and get all the information on where it was going to be, only two or three hours before the show actually went on.

I felt very shady, like I was doing a drug deal or something, it was awesome.

The show was great. They played all the songs you'd expect them to, Everlong, Monkey Wrench, and so on. It was their first show after being holed up in the studio for four months, but they sounded on top of their game, and I had a good time despite the fact that I didn't know the word to every song. The place was packed, the vodka in my system and my fear of huge crowds in small places made me miss the last two songs. That place needs air conditioning.

They're playing with the Police this weekend at Dodger Stadium. I won't be attending that show, but if anyone does, let me know how it goes.

http://www.foofighters.com/

The Nobody

No comments: