Wednesday, October 17, 2007

What is a Guilty Pleasure? I have the answer...

I've mentioned before that I used to be a big pop music fan. I've drifted away from it as I've gotten older, especially over the last two years, nothing was coming out that I even found remotely exciting. But with the release of the new Backstreet Boy record and the new Britney, I've really found that my 14 year old self is trying to make comeback. However, I'm not excited for the Britney release, the tracks that have been leaked don't speak to me at all. I'm trying to get excited about the BSB album, but I haven't heard a song that I love either, I'm hoping that will change when I hear the full releases and not just the 30 second clips.

So instead, I've somehow gotten sucked into the cheesy world that is the High School Musical cast. I've been listening to Vanessa, Ashley, and the HSM soundtrack pretty much non-stop. Make fun of me if you will, but it actually reminds me of the day when pop music was GOOD. When I could dance around and giggle at the simple lyrics about love and loss, sung by people who have hardly reached the age to know what its like. I don't feel bad for liking this music, but I'm starting to understand, at the age of 22, exactly what a guilty pleasure is. I don't want to admit to it, but I love it.

The 14 year old inside of me is rocking out. Especially to this song.



Laugh if you must, but I'm pretty sure I enjoy life a lot more than you do.

The Nobody.

1 comment:

M said...

Guilty? most certainly.

Pleasure? ...that might be a stretch.

mrr!